The Canadian Prairies Chapter (CPC) is excited to invite you to meeting and dinner with a presentation by the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba (CSAM) on Tour demo trailer for four critical safety topics demonstrated via a specially equipment safety truck.
The meeting and dinner will be held on Wednesday November 8, 2023 at:
Winnipeg Construction Association (WCA)
1447 Waverley Street
Doors open at 4:00 pm and the safety demonstration starts at 4:30pm.
Dinner will be served after the safety demonstration.
Matt Lothian will provide safety demos on the following four topics:
1. Fall Arrest - See the importance of using appropriate fall arrest equipment. CSAM’s safety advisors will demonstrate a fall enactment so you can witness the difference between wearing an approved shock-absorbing lanyard and a non-shock-absorbing lanyard.
2. Hand Safety - See first-hand how wearing appropriate hand protection can reduce your chances of injury. Experience a demonstration of cut-resistant versus non-cut-resistant gloves that are practical to use in construction.
3. Eye Protection - See the importance of wearing proper, approved eye protection. This demo clearly shows the difference in protection between approved and non-approved eyewear when coming in contact with a high-impact object, such as a nail from an air-nailer.
4. Safe Lifting - See how proper lifting techniques can reduce back injuries. Watch a demonstration that shows the impact lifting has on your body. We will also demonstrate how using your legs to lift can reduce injuries to your back.
5. Hard Hat Safety - See how wearing a hard hat will dissipate the impact force of an object falling onto a worker’s head. This demo will clearly show the difference between impact of with, and without a head protection.
Matt Lothian – 9 years at Construction Safety Association of Manitoba (CSAM), a former welder and structural erector with almost 10 years in industry. Currently Matt is one of the Client Services Advisors at CSAM, and his duties are to assist companies with training and build their safety program. Matt is also on the National NCSO® Exam Committee and they work collaboratively to build the national exam that potential NCSO® candidates will write.
The ticket is for $50 + GST for GEAPS member and $55 +GST for non-GEAPS guests.